Search This Blog

We no longer use this blog! Please visit sakistore.net for our blog, online store, and more!

Friday, January 16

SMASHING TIME @ the Hideout


According to the weather reports, this insanely cold weather will end by the weekend. So since this Saturday will only be normal-cold instead of freakishly-cold, I recommend stopping by the Hideout for their Saturday night dance party.

These are always a blast. The first time I went, some wonderfully intoxicated girl grabbed me to come "dance" meaning to flail her arms and legs about ala Elaine from Seinfeld. I tried to help her tone it down a bit by teaching her some old school chicago raver dance moves - (I still do it, I know) but no dice. After a few seconds it was back to the whirling dervish of arms and legs...

Anyway, this Saturday features DJ's Mary Nisi and Carrie Weston - and proceeds go to one of our favorite local non-for profits CHIRP (Chicago Indie Radio Project). More on that noise go here www.chicagoindieradio.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!