Search This Blog

We no longer use this blog! Please visit sakistore.net for our blog, online store, and more!

Tuesday, December 22

Caitlin's Top Ten of 2009

In 2008, I had a heck of a time trying to come up w/ 10 albums that I truly enjoyed. This year - I had a hard time scaling down my list. Behold - my top how ever many of 2009! After much debate - there is a new subcategory on my list. Two albums on my list were actually produced decades ago- but they were never before released until this year. Is it a new release or is it a reissue? Technically, neither. So that explains the "never before released until this year" category:



  • Thee Oh Sees - Help! (In the Red)
  • Bowerbirds - Upper Air (Dead Oceans)
  • Fresh & Onlys - Debut (Castle Face)
  • Woods - Songs of Shame (Woodsist)
  • Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest (Warp)
  • Bill Callahan - Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle (Drag City)
  • Fiery Furnaces - I'm Going Away (Thrill Jockey)
  • Smith Westerns - 1st Album (Hozac)
  • Sonny & the Sunsets - Tomorrow Is All right (Soft Abuse)
  • Dutchess & The Duke - Sunrise/Sunset (Hardly Art)
  • Bitter Tears - Jam Tarts in the Jake House (Carrot Top)
  • Stricken City - Songs About People I Know (Kora)
Never Before Released until 2009:
  • Pisces - A Lovely Sight (Numero)
  • Death - ...For The Whole World to See (Drag City)
Fave Reissues -
  • Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire De Melody Nelson (Light in the Attic)
  • Monks - Black Monk Time (LITA)
  • Raincoats - S/T (Kill Rock Stars)
  • Vaselines - Way of the Vaselines (Sub Pop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!