Search This Blog

We no longer use this blog! Please visit sakistore.net for our blog, online store, and more!

Monday, May 17

Just go to the show!!!

Last night a couple of bands that have been around for a long time played at my favorite music venue in Chicago, The Hideout. The Hideout is, in my opinion, the best place in Chicago to see music these days. I know it's small, but the size isn't important. The people who own the place are lovely. The employees are great and the vibe is laid back and not at all snobby. And I just love Katie and Tim!!! Oh and they really know how to book shows!!

Last night's show was part of Eleventh Dream Day's month long residency. They had some good friends open for them, the Condo Fucks. The members of the Condo Fucks just happen to be the same members as one of my favorite bands, Yo La Tengo!! With the stellar addition of Mr. Mark Greenberg. Mark deserves a post of his own, so I will save his wonderfulness for another time.
Of course the music was amazing. That also deserves a post of its own. What I really loved about last night was all the people that were in attendance. It was an 'older' crowd, but one that rocked and enjoyed every note played. So many people reach a certain age and stop going to live shows. I know, it's harder and harder to make it out the door after 8pm these days. And even harder to stay out past 10 or so. I know, lame. But I guarantee it will happen to you.

The most important thing I have learned is that it is ALWAYS worth it to get out the door and go to a show of a band you love!!

Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!