Search This Blog

We no longer use this blog! Please visit sakistore.net for our blog, online store, and more!

Tuesday, September 21

new Creation movie afoot...

Thought this piece in today's Guardian would be a good read for all of you who came to Creation late in the day due to age restrictions! Alan McGee is one of the nicest guys in the music industry. He was also responsible for my musical upbringing during my formative years - Jesus & Mary Chain, Meat Whiplash, Primal Scream, The Loft/Weather Prophets, House of Love, My Bloody Valentine, etc, etc - and for one of the best night's out I've had in the US - February 14th, 1992 with Primal Scream - which will go down as one of the most debauched nights ever, and the details of which will certainly not be repeated here! Once you've read this interview, you'll really understand what the guy is about, and that is enjoying life to the fullest. Even now he's sober (or so he claims! LOL) he hasn't lost any zest for musical thrills, and if you ever get the chance to sit and talk to him, I would highly recommend it. It's rare that I have gotten to hang out with any my musical mentors, and meeting Alan will always be up there with meeting Carl Bernstein as one of my life moments. Top guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!