Search This Blog

We no longer use this blog! Please visit sakistore.net for our blog, online store, and more!

Wednesday, October 6

the good ol' days


I was nosing around online and came across something that wound back the years for me...so I thought I would share with you all...

this was the first festival I went to...and I think I picked a good one! New Order, Sugarcubes, Butthole Surfers, Spacemen 3, My Bloody Valentine, The Pogues, Loop, House Of Love, Bhundu Boys, Billy Bragg...and this was just the main stage! Everyone played about 45 minutes to an hour each, except the 2 headliners each day, who did about 75-90 minutes...
note the price too...a whopping $50 to see a field full of legends

this is widely regarded as one of New Order's finest shows, and was also one of the last times Spacemen 3 played together...

if it makes you feel any better, it rained from late Friday afternoon until Sunday morning, our tent collapsed under duress and we slept in the trunk of a car, and it was a 2 mile walk to and from town..but other than that it was AMAZING! I also started work at Rough Trade the day after it finished!

makes Lineupofloozas look like what it is - a pile of crap - doesn't it...? :)

2 comments:

  1. Woah! I know everybody on there but Mary Coughlin and Something Happens. What a freaking great lineup. Loads of Madchester Beats nicely offset by Loop, Head of David, and Tackhead. Butthole Surfers were just starting to suck the arena rock teat at this point, but still capable of offending everyone. Green on Red were always sadly undervalued in US, as were TPE. I met and hung out with Steve Mack on the your for their Virgin album that year. Nice bloke. Good record. Did nothing as I recall. Was it uphill both ways, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I really wish I could've been at that show. Then again, I was 6 at the time and didn't know who any of those bands were. :P

    ReplyDelete

Be nice!