Search This Blog

We no longer use this blog! Please visit sakistore.net for our blog, online store, and more!

Monday, September 2

"Threw My Hands Outta' My Head" screen prints by Keith Herzik

Threw My Hands Outta’ My Head! screen prints by Keith Herzik
Opening Reception: Friday, September 6th. 6-9pm. Free.
Live music by Blue Ribbon Glee Club




saki is thrilled to present Threw My Hands Outta’ My Head! screen prints by Keith Herzik on Friday, September 6th from 6-9pm!



Since the dawn of the millennium, Keith G. Herzik has been involved in the screen printed poster scene in Chicago. Threw My Hands Outta’ My Head! is a survey of gig posters, fine art prints and unique mono prints, featuring prints made at Chicago institutions like Screwball Press and Alamo Igloo, as well as the Frans Masereel Centrum in Belgium. Keith's artwork is noted for its psychotic humor and hand-drawn cartoon psychedelia.   




Keith’s posters have been featured in every Chicago rock venue, The Hyde Park Art Center, Chicago Urban Society, The Space LIC in New York, and many more. He also plays guitar for Galactic Inmate and is responsible for the Chicago Reader’s iconic Gossip Wolf image. 

The opening will feature a live performance from Chicago’s favorite punk rock choir, The Blue 
Ribbon Glee Club, covering the likes of Fugazi, Black Lips, Dead Kennedys, Sleater-Kinney, and many more!

Please join us Friday, September 6th from 6-9 pm for the opening of Threw My Hands Outta’ My Head! screen prints by Keith Herzik. Enjoy a great night of fine art and live music, with food and beverages provided by saki. This event is free and BYOB!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!