Search This Blog

We no longer use this blog! Please visit sakistore.net for our blog, online store, and more!

Thursday, July 17

Orchestra Baobab, Chicago, IL 6/28/2008


Finally got a chance to see one of my very favorite bands ever in the whole wide world of favorite bands, and I'd pretty much given up on even having the chance. Thanks to Mayor Daley and the folks doing an excellent job booking the amazing run of free shows we've been having all summer down at Millennium Park. (No! NOT Blues Fest! The acts at the more civilized and infinitely more aesthetically and sonically pleasing Pritzker Pavillion across the street.)

Seeing a show there on a nice summer night is the best showcase I can think of for our amazing city, and it's one of the best reasons to live here that I can imagine.

The music was amazing and the city really put on a show as well.

Click the post title for the rest of my pics of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice!